May 30, 2009

Laton- Clean up Hitter!

Laton has been hitting really well the past few weeks. I don't think I have seen him not get on base in the last 4 or 5 weeks. Today when we got to the baseball field I noticed Laton was batting 4th. The team we were playing had a great pitcher. He struck three boys out in the first inning. Laton struck out in the second and his second time up struck out as well- but only after using up about 15 of the pitchers pitches. We went to eat after the game and I asked Laton "?What happened, you were clean up hitter today." He said "I cleaned up, I said no you didn't you struck out." He said "after the game I took the stuff out of the dugout for the coach and got all my stuff cleaned up!" I had to explain to Laton what clean up batter meant. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a little lost...unfortunately I don't know what that saying means either! :/ Apparently Laton and I still have a lot to learn :)

Heather said...

I love that kid! He's just a literal thinker! He's so sweet, and charming! We are so excited it won't be long til you all are out here!
Hey, Have you checked out skype.com? sign up, it's so cool!