Oct 23, 2009

Adelyn Marie is Here!

My brother Jared and his wife Aubrey welcomed their little girl Adelyn yesterday! She weighed in at 8lbs. 2 oz. and is 21 inches long! That is one big baby, especially considering Aubrey is so small! She did an amazing job, Jared is so proud of her!It is time honey!
Proud papa

One cute family!
Adelyn Marie
Giving us a wink!
Text messages between Jared (J)-and I (I)
Call from Jared 8:00 a.m.- My wife is in labor....
(I)- 8:39 a.m.- Do u want me to call anyone?
(J)- 8:40 a.m.- Not yet
(I)- 10:08 a.m.- how is everthing going?
(J)- 10:11 a.m.- Well
(I)- 10:12 a.m.- how far dialated?
(J)- 10:13 a.m.- Haven't checked yet- Was a 3 when we came in.
(J)- 10:40 a.m.- Going well. We're in active labor. I'm feeding ice chips. Epidural is coming.
(I)- 11:51 a.m.- update?
(J)- 11:53 a.m.- Resting. Epidurals Rock!
(J)- 12:35 p.m.- She's at a 4 and 90 percent effaced
(I)- 12;36 p.m. - YEA!
(I)- 2:04 p.m. How is everything going?
(J)- 2:09 p.m.- 100 percent effaced, only at 5 cm. It's taking it's time.
(I) 3;27 p.m. How is everything going?
(J)- 3:47 p.m.- We've moved into a delivery room. Contractions are starting to come more often and stronger.
(J)- 4:18 p.m. We re at a 7! Hopefully only 3 to 4 more hours!
(I)- 4:53 p.m.- It is taking forever, how is Aub. doing?
(J)- 4:54 p.m.- she's dialated to over 7. We're thinking 2 or 3 more hours! She's doing great. Sleeping right now.
(I)- 5:12 p.m.- Let her get as much sleep as possible, pushing is really hard work. How r u holding up?
(J)- 5:14 p.m.- Nervous, Scared, But doing good. Calm too. Depends on the moment. It's awesome. Can't wait to see my little girl and get to hold her.
(I)- 5;15 p.m.- i am so proud of you. You are going to be an awesome father.
(J) 5:15 p.m. -Hope so
(I)- 8:04 p.m.- how is everything going?
(J)- Pic of Adelyn Marie!
(I)- 8:46 p.m.- She is Beautiful!
(I)- 8:53 p.m. Send more pics when you get a chance
(J)- 8:56 p.m. -She got cut pretty bad!
(I)- 8:57 p.m. That is because the baby is huge!
(J)- 7:13 a.m.0 you can see pictures of our baby on my facebook.
(I)- 7:38 a.m.- I will look right now.
(I)- 7:38 a.m.how is the nursing going?
(J)- 7:41 a.m.- Awesomely! Fontunately Aubrey was blessed with some big... and it looks like her milk was all ready in! Doesn't even hurt! Baby is a pig!
(I)- 7:42 a.m.- yes. Does the baby have any hair?
(J)- 7:46 a.m. -Tons of dark brown and curly
(I) - 7:49 a.m.- I just saw all your pics. I can't believe how big she is. She is adorable. how is aub. feeling?
(J) 7:56 a.m.- She's still hurting and really tired.
(I)- 8:02 a.m.- Who does she look like?
(J)- new pic of Adelyn
(J)- 8:06 a.m.- Got me... Ive never been able to figure that one out with any baby.
(I)- Just a little advice, buy your wife flowers today and write her a card and let her know how amazing she is.
(J)- 8:08 a.m.- Done! I had all ready planned to get her flowers today, I told her i needed to go to our apartment later.
(I)- 8:35 a.m.- Awesome, YOU ROCK!
(I)- 10:25 a.m.- make sure she puts ice down there it will help alot, does she have any stitches?
(J)- 10:39 a.m.- Yeah she does. And we just put ice on her.
(J)- 12:20 p.m.- Did you give your kids the hep b shots at birth?
(I)- 12:22 p.m.- Yep
(J)- 12:23 p.m. Is it important? Don't they get sick?
(I)- 12;26 p.m. They don't have any side effects, it is better to get the vac than to get hep
(Aubrey)- 8;19 p.m. It's going really well, jare is with Addie and I think she is getting her hep b shot right now.
(Aubrey)- picture of baby!
(I) 8:16 p.m.- How is everything going? Text me a pic
8:22 p.m. - i am alright, my stomach sort of hurts and definitley still sore, other than that i am just fine :)
(I)- 8:19 p.m.- How r u?
(I)- *:21 p.m.- I love her cheeks- i want to kiss them
(Aubrey)- 8;22 p.m. - Haha I know they are so loveable
(I)- Aren't u glad she is here? It is an amazing experience!
(Aubrey)- 8;24 p.m.- It sure is, it still feels sureal that she is my baby sometimes thought, Maybe cus I didn't really get to see her comeout. But she is just wonderful!


3 comments:

John and Jill said...

Yea!!! I'm sooo happy for your brother. Isn't it amazing!! Reading all that totally makes me want another one!

There is nothing like being a family!! And, they are a beautiful family at that!

Congratulations!

vocalise said...

I don't even know them, and that was fun to read!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for doing that! That is great to see since i was a little busy, and not really aware of the time passing. I will have to write down everything you posted. Thanks so much for doing that for us :) Love ya!