Jan 31, 2010

Successful last day of Bird Hunting for the Year!

Barry took Logan and Laton Goose hunting on Saturday.
Today is the closing day of the season.
They had a great time hunting,
telling stories,
and killing Geese!
They brought home 2 really nice size geese,
they each weighed about 12 lbs.
Barry decided to try making jerky out of them.
Right now they are marinating, I will
let you know how it turns out!
They all had a very successful Duck and Geese season,
they discovered many new and great places to hunt.
Our boys truly LOVE hunting and treasure the time
they spend with their dad doing it.
Meghan will take hunters safety next year and join the group,
watch out boys, I bet she'll be a great shot!




4 comments:

vocalise said...

Jeanni. All I can say is that you are an awesome wife.

Anonymous said...

Never tried geese before...bet they taste like chicken! lol :)

Shana Hamblin said...

Geese are really greasy. Tell me if you like the jerky or not. I have never heard of goose jerky. Hey it's your birthday soon and why don't we go to lunch?

Rozanne said...

I've not heard of goose jerky either. I'd be interested to hear how it turns out as well. Your boys do enjoy hunting! It will be interesting to see how Meghan enjoys it next year.