Feb 17, 2010

My Valentine


We were out of town for Valentines/ My Birthday. We spent a long weekend in Tahoe with our great friends, the Tilbys. I had wanted to write a post about my Valentine before I left but ran out of time, so I decided better do it now.
-Things I adore about Barry!
stats- 6'1"- 150 lbs
-beautiful blue eyes
-hair- none :)
-calls me JJ or "my love"
-calls me everyday to chat
-kisses me goodnight
-works hard
-loves his children
-serves the Lord
-knows that when I say- "don't get me anything for Valentines
Day" really means- I am getting you something so don't forget about me.
-will rent love movies for us to watch even though he doesn't like them.
-smiles at me
-would rather wear cowboy boots
-goes camping with me in civilized places- even though camping to him
is out in the middle of nowhere.
-helps me be a better person
-tells me when I am wrong- even though this hasn't happened yet- and I
told him I would let him know when it does.
-makes me laugh
-his humor
-his kindness and willingness to help others
-is usually dirty- but cleans up nicely
-tells me I am a good mom
-realizes when I have had a bad day.
-tells me when I have bad breath
-makes sure I always have gas in my car
-has NO clue the difference between a wedge and stiletto
-only wears Wranglers
-takes a bath everyday- no showers
-watches my dumb reality shows even though he hates them
-is a good cook- greasy but good
-makes others feel comfortable and welcome in our home
-loves my friends
-loves my family
-loves the outdoors- I am learning to
-takes our boys hunting and fishing
-teaches our boys how to be a mans man
-doesn't complain when I spend too much money
-does the laundry when he is home
-fixes everything
-can jimmy rig anything
-is kind hearted
-is a very rugged man
-knows that Jaidyn has turned him into a total softy- and loves it
-supports me
-makes fun of me in a good way
-has a southern accent- even though he has never lived in the South
-chews gum
-is a cowboy
-wants to live on a ranch one day
-Runs the kids around as often as he can
-does things for me- when he knows I don't want to do them
-is as smart as Survivorman
Yep- this is my valentine- all mine!
love you hunny!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! Some of those are pretty funny- i love the "I don't want anything for Valentines day" one. :)

And yes Jared is a smarty...I'm sure he takes after his older sister too ;)

Shana Hamblin said...

An awesome list.

Rozanne said...

Fun to read!

Kristy said...

Okay...too cute and adorable!

JennyD said...

I knew Barry before he met Jeanni and I have to say, a lot of those qualities were hiding until she came into the picture! You absolutely melted that hard cowboy heart- It took a really special girl to do that- you make a really great team- thanks for your great example. Love you both!

John and Jill said...

So nice Jeanni!! He is a very good man! and you are a very good woman!!! That makes you a great team!!!


Love you,
Jill