Mar 21, 2009

Not So Springy!

Well I believe I spoke too soon. I thought we were going to start having spring like weather, today we woke up to a nice 49 degrees with hopes of 65-70 degree baseball weather. By the time baseball started at 11:00 the wind was blowing 40mph and it felt like winter. Logan played in a double header baseball game today, in the first game we won by the 10 run rule. In the second game at the top of the 7th inning the score was 10 Lowry 3 Dayton. We came back and won 12-10, the boys did awesome. Their were quite a few boys hit by the pitcher today- and I know it was partly because of the wind. I was glad to see the boys do so well, when we played this team in the scrimmage games to start the season I sat next to the team while I was keeping score and the boys and coach of this team were talking about how we "blow"- which I assumed meant we sucked!
At one point during the game Meghan and I were watching birds trying to fly and they weren't moving due to the wind blowing so hard. While Barry and I were watching Logan play baseball all day- Laton was spending his day with the Scouts aerating lawns. We dropped him off at the church at 8:00 a.m. and I am posting at 7:00 p.m. and he just called to tell us he only has a few more left to do. Needless to say, he will sleep well tonight.
Well, I was looking forward to wearing a springy dress tomorrow but I checked the weather and it is suppossed to snow. Guess we will have to keep out the warm clothes a little while longer. I am glad for the snow though, it helps cut down on the dust- something I need to get used to.

2 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

Sounds like typical spring weather...unpredictable! I bet it was hard to play baseball with the wind blowing like that! I can't believe Laton was out aerating lawns ALL day. I bet he was worn out!

macy marie. said...

i know exactly what you are talking about. yesterday i was laying out trying to get a tan with 70 degree weather. today it hasn't stopped snowing in about 6 hours with 35 mph winds. i feel for you!

miss you and your family sooooo much! come visit rexburg soon!